- Keep in mind the length of time it takes to order a bridal gown. It usually takes about 4-6 months to get a dress in so it is important to remember this in order to have time for alterations and bridal portraits.
- Make an appointment! Do this to insure that you have a set time to visit a store with a consultant's undivided attention.
- For a quieter experience, try to shop during the week while people are at work or on Saturday mornings. Saturdays are the busiest days of the week so you want to beat the crowd and shop early!
- Keep your entourage small. Try to bring just a close girl friend and your mom/sister. You don't want the process to be stressful so bringing along someone who knows you best is a good decision.
- Give yourself a time limit. It is easy to stay on track when you have deadline as to how long you are going to shop before you feel ready to order you dress.
- Try on different silhouettes and styles. Many brides have a mind set of the type of gown they want and are shocked when they decide on something totally different. It is best to be completely sure about the type of dress you want. You never know how something will look on you until you put it on.
- Take suggestions from consultants after they have seen you in several dresses. After all, they do know the dresses the best.
- Be advised that most dresses are sampled in a size 10 (size 6 street size). Keep this in mind when preparing for an appointment and be sure to pack the proper undergarments (i.e. Spanx, push-up bra, etc).
- Most important, be sure to feel confidant and comfortable in your gown!! Don't let others persuade you, trust your instincts. This is your day!! :)
Happy dress shopping!!